Life Can Be Insured
- To raise students’ awareness on career opportunities and career path in the insurance industry, especially in middle- and back-offices
- To attract young people to join the insurance industry
- To develop the employability and problem-solving skills in insurance and related technologies
- To inspire innovation in InsurTech and insurance industry
Full-time S4-6 students in the 2018/19 academic year are welcome to join the competition.
The competition consists of the following events:
The workshop will take place on 2018.10.6 (Sat) at Cyberport. App development tools and skills would be taught, while industry experts would also share their working experience and career insights.
Deadline of registration
: 2018.9.28 (Fri)
The teams should develop a mobile application (app) to help specific audience (e.g. students, elderly) to understand more about the concept of insurance or the industry prospect. The team should consist of 3-5 students while the mobile app can be in the form of a utility or a game.
Prize Presentation Ceremony
The ceremony and showcase of entries will be held on 2018.11.25 (Sun) to award the winners and allow the contestants to showcase their ideas.
- There will be two rounds of judging. Each round's score will account for 50% of the total score.
- First Round Judging Criteria:
- Originality & Creativity
- Design & Polish
- Technical Complexity
- Final Round Judging Criteria:
- Presentation Skills
- Presentation Materials
- One representative from Cyberport
- One representative from university
- Three representatives from the insurance industry
The winning teams will receive a scholarship sponsored by FSTB:
Winner (1 team): HKD 40,000
First runner-up (1 team): HKD 20,000
Second runner-up (1 team): HKD 10,000
Merit (2 teams): HKD 4,000- per team
All events in the competition are free of charge.
1. An installable mobile app, game or useable platform which can be used on desktops, smartphones or tablets (iOS/ Android/ Windows)
2. Explanation, including the following details:
- Name of your work
- Brief introduction to your concept of creation, purpose, characteristics and aims, and how it matches the theme, etc.
- Installation and user guide
- Pictures/screenshots of your work (max. 10)
The deadline of submission is 2018.11.2 (Fri).
Terms & Conditions
- Each team should consist of three to five members, and can only submit one entry
- Once the entry is submitted, no further changes are accepted and no entries will be returned
- The Organiser, the Implementation Agent and the Co-organiser will not accept any responsibility of loss, late or wrong submission of the entries
- The entries must not contain any illegal, deceitful, defamatory, discriminatory, offensive, threatening, hostile, disturbing, abusive, harassing, insulting, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, violent or otherwise inappropriate content. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify such entries without further notice
- Contestants must ensure the originality of their entries and that their entries must not have been used on other occasions. Contestants are not allowed to steal or use the entries created by other parties. In case of any law infringements of the entries, the Organiser, the Implementation Agent and the Co-organiser are not held liable
- Should works of other parties be included in the entries, such as but not limited to music, pictures, video recordings and clips, the contestants should obtain related legal authorisation of such materials on their own. If necessary, the Organiser and/or co-organiser may request a written authorisation from the contestants
- The competition results are determined by the adjudicators. The contestants and/or other parties shall raise no objection.
- If the entries were revealed to be violating the rules after winning the awards, the Organiser reserves the right to disqualify such entries and recall the related prizes
- The Organiser owns the copyright and the right to use (in any form) of all submitted entries. The Organiser reserves the right to make changes to the entries and to publish, promote, exhibit, copy and publicize the entries without the prior consent of the contestants and/or their schools or paying any fee
- The Organiser, the Implementation Agent and the Co-organiser reserve the right to use, publish or publicise the contestants’ information, including but not limited to their names, school names, age and photos, for promotion purposes
- The winners shall give consent to accept interviews and participate in any publicity events or activities required by the Organiser, the Implementation Agent and the Co-organiser at all forms or means free of charge
- The Organiser reserves the right to change and amend the terms and conditions and has the right to the final decision regarding the competition results. No objections shall be raised from the contestants and/or other parties
- Should there be many entries, the Organiser will invite first-round assessors to screen the entries according to the judging criteria. The teams entering the final round will showcase their entries and present their work in front of the grand final jury. The grand final jury will select the champion, the first runner-up, the second runner-up and the merit prize winners.
- Once applied, the contestants agree completely to the above terms and conditions
Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance
Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance
- The personal data provided to Cyberport on the application form are for communication purpose of the competition
- The supply of the personal data on the application form is voluntary
- Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, applicants have the right of access to and correction of their personal data on the application form